Television Market in India (2018-2023) Share based on Technology (UHD,Full HD, Others) Company (Samsung, Sony, Others) and Screen Size
Indian television market
The television market currently consists of televisions that cover a wide range of new technologies that go beyond the conventional cathode ray tube (CRT) format. Increasing innovation coupled with lower prices have augmented the penetration of flat-panel display across all income groups in the country.
Usage of television is no longer an urban phenomenon now with penetration of television in more than 99 Mn homes in rural India. TV manufacturers are rapidly adopting marketing of light-emitting diode (LED) TVs as they are sharper, colorful and more detailed, offering higher resolution pictures. With the decreasing trend in the prices of televisions, consumers tend to replace their televisions every five years.
Samsung, Sony and LG are the three major television manufacturers that dominates the Indian television market. Liquid crystal display (LCD) and organic light emitting diode (OLED) comprise the two major segments in the global television market. The super-premium segment includes OLED and ultra-high-definition (UHD) or 4K televisions. The festive season in India starting in August with Independence Day till Diwali in October, primarily drives consumers buying across all markets.
Key growth factors
o The rapid growth of internet connectivity across the country, especially in tier II and III cities, is giving greater access to online entertainment portals to the tech-savvy generation. Flat-panel displays are extremely popular in urban areas as it occupies significantly less space and power consumption in comparison to CRT monitors.
o Digital influence on broader consumer spending is significant and is growing rapidly. The implementation of the cable digitization mandate further aided by over the top (OTT) services has contributed vastly to the expanding popularity of new age televisions.
Threats and key players
o The method of viewing content has gradually shifted from television to smartphones among the Indian consumers. Smartphones acting as a substitute for television is hindering the growth of the television market.
o Indian manufacturers are highly dependent on import for sourcing major portions of the television components. Developing broadcast content and infrastructure for 4K television in India is still a steep task with only a handful of players keeping pace.
o BPL Limited, Mirc Electronics Limited, Intex Technologies (India) Limited, Micromax Informatics Limited and LG Electronics India Private Limited are some of the major players that are operating in the Indian television market.
What is covered in the report?
1. Overview of the Indian television market
2. Historical, current and forecasted market size data for the Indian television market (2016 to 2023)
3. Qualitative analysis of the Indian television market and its segments, by company (Samsung, Sony, LG and others), by technology (UHD, full HD, HD, flat-panel display units sold - company-wise – Samsung, Sony, LG, Videocon Group, Panasonic, Others, Unorganized/grey)
4. Trade analysis of the television market in India
5. Qualitative analysis of the major drivers and challenges affecting the market
6. Analysis of the competitive landscape and profiles of major players operating in the market
7. Key recent developments associated with the television market in India
1. Get a broad understanding of the television market in India, the dynamics of the market and current state of the sector
2. Strategize marketing, market-entry, market expansion and other business plans by understanding the factors driving growth in the market
3. Be informed regarding the key developments in the television market in India
4. Understand major competitors’ business strategies and market dynamics and respond accordingly to benefit from the market
With the given market data, Netscribes offers customizations according to specific needs. Write to us at [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions For Asia Television Market
Which Marketing Strategies are Being Adopted by the Top Key Players of the Asia Television Market?
This Asia Television Market Research Report is Designed To Aid Businessmen/Investors to Analyse The Best Marketing Tactics For Any Business Situation. It Suggests Proven And Most Effective Marketing Strategies Being Adopted By The Top Key Players For Business Growth. Also, The Research Team has Carried Out Market Study, Research, and Analysis of The Global Top Leading Companies to Comprehend What Makes Them Stand Out From The Crowd. The report includes effective marketing channels, keyword distributors list, and customer details of the Asia Television market.
What Drivers And Restraints are Shaping The Growth of the Asia Television Market?
It is Essential for Businessmen to Understand Both the Driving Factors and The Restraining Forces of the Industry. Hence, the Report Comprises In-Depth Information About the Drivers And Restraints That Helps Businessmen To Identify The Opportunistic Business Potential.
Which Segment or Region Will Lead the Asia Television Market?
The Report Exhibits Region/Segment Analysis That Propels the Growth of the Industry. It Covers All the Regions, Key Developed Nations and Major Emerging Industries. Additionally, it Gives an Outline of The Size of The Industry by Geography and Compares its Forecast Growth.
What are the Upcoming New Projects in the Asia Television Market?
This Asia Television Market Research Report Would Provide Insights into The New Project Investment Feasibility Analysis Coupled with SWOT Analysis, Project Investment, Project Name, Investment Budget, Project Product Solutions, and Project Schedule.